ps3 gaming on lcd monitor

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by fongyuen, Apr 17, 2010.

1. fongyuen macrumors 6502

looking to get an lcd monitor for ps3 gaming and use on my mac. anyone have any recommendations? looking for something around $200-250, 24", and if possible a detachable monitor from the stand. thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have BenQ E2400 which I use with my iMac and PS3, very happy with it. Very good inputs (the new E2412 has 2xHDMI, DVI and VGA), decent built-in speakers and good picture quality.

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

You have tons of options these days....

We got a flight sim for our store and the HP monitor has DVI, VGA, and HDMI so you can hook up a modern game console (and has internal speakers that you can feed audio through the HDMI) as well as hook up newer and older computers - go to town!

The HP 23" is nice (1920x1080, 16:9) and I think we got it on sale for $199...

A 24" should be only slightly more.

4. Dead Panda macrumors member

I have a Samsung XL2370 and I love it!

2ms response time
    23" 16:9 screen
    1080p full HD
    No lag!
    No ghosting!

It has an HDMI input and also has audio out (for external speakers).

The other awesome thing about this screen is that it has no image processing built in. So you get true 1:1 pixel for pixel accuracy... also meaning there's no lag from when you hit a button to when it happens on the screen. NONE. It's perfect for playing Rock Band on too. It's as close to a CRT as you're going to get and the price is just right.

5. fongyuen thread starter macrumors 6502

can anyone actually tell the difference b/w a 5 ms and 2 ms response time?

6. Dead Panda macrumors member

It all depends on how sensitive you are to ghosting. I can tell the difference between my 40" Samsung 630 series 4ms response and my XL2370 2ms response. There's a difference. 4ms isn't bad, but 2ms looks even better.

By the way, I could totally live with 4ms, but the XL2370 happens to have an even faster response, so why not?

7. skunnykart macrumors regular

I have BenQ setup for both my PS3 and iMac as a secondary monitor when I need it. It's good. Not complaints but I would have to disagree with the speakers.

Initially I thought the speakers were ok but after feeding it through some proper external speakers, I cannot go back to the in built.