PS3 gets DivX Support

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by e²Studios, Nov 13, 2007.

1. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

More funcionality is always a good thing, I would bet that this is to not only support the video player in the PS3, but also to support content within Home.

Ed

2. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

This is very interesting. Additional codecs are always good. Now if they would just release a TV Tuner for the United States, I would be all set. Maybe I would quit griping about not having an in-game XMB. :)

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

This is what the 360 needs. All 'Media Centers' for that matter, they should support as many codecs as possible.

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Wow, great news - more codec support is always a good thing!

I have been seriously considering picking up a PS3 for a few games but also since it's a Blu Ray player, and hearing news such as this makes it looks even more attractive...

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Making the PS3 more attractive as that media center of the living room...cool. I'm hoping that they release that tv tuner real soon...the vision will almost be complete.

~Shard~...this is the best time to chum down on one man...great games are here and in the works...its a wonderful machine and with time even better.

Bless

6. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

I thought Divx was in an upcoming update for the Xbox 360? I remember reading about it somewhere :confused: Something about a Fall update.

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I'll definitely be considering it, especially after the recent lower priced offerings.

8. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Nice one...Sony's starting to do a lot of things right now. I like their new commercials and R&C looks phenominal. I may have to get a Ps3 sooner rather than later :D

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I don't actually have my PS3 on me right now... (it's loaned to a friend) but this looks interesting. Too bad I have no files in DivX.