Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

risc

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I can't read Japanese and I'm not a fan of GT anywho but this is a good demo if you are in to that sort of stuff. 16 car races, much better looking than the GT5HD "game" from months ago.

Still not a game I'd buy (Prologue or GT5) but worth a download just for a look.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2006
So would this make a PS3 worth buying when it comes out? Not a huge fan of driving games but people get very excited whenever this is mentioned. Never "got" the Metal Gear series.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
So would this make a PS3 worth buying when it comes out? Not a huge fan of driving games but people get very excited whenever this is mentioned. Never "got" the Metal Gear series.

I would not buy a PS3 for either GT4/5/prologue/prostate or whatever they are calling it, and as for Metal Gear - overly camp men in tighty fitted lycra hugging walls and waving their weapons around wearing more makeup that a drag queen!! errr just dont get it - either...

Just really do not get those franchises and they leave me nothing but cold.

But their are some really great titles coming to ps3 in the next few months.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

well that's up to you. i personally think the new Gran Turismo game will make the PS3 worth buying. but i'm not into the Metal Gear series

I would not buy a PS3 for either GT4/5/prologue/prostate or whatever they are calling it, and as for Metal Gear - overly camp men in tighty fitted lycra hugging walls and waving their weapons around wearing more makeup that a drag queen!! errr just dont get it - either...

Just really do not get those franchises and they leave me nothing but cold.

But their are some really great titles coming to ps3 in the next few months.

that's your opinion. we all have one. but you can't deny that GT4 pushed the ps2 as far as graphics, and game content. hopefully GT5 will do the same for the ps3

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
GT is the sole reason I owned a PS2 and would be the sole reason I'd buy a PS3. I wont... But if I we're to, that'd be why...

Also, as for pushing the PS3 as far as it can go, GT5 wont, because GT3 didn't on the PS2. If you see my point. GT6 may well do that.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
GT is the sole reason I owned a PS2 and would be the sole reason I'd buy a PS3. I wont... But if I we're to, that'd be why...

Also, as for pushing the PS3 as far as it can go, GT5 wont, because GT3 didn't on the PS2. If you see my point. GT6 may well do that.

ah, i gotcha. you do have a very good point with GT6 pushing the PS3.

but i still might get a PS3 just for GT5. i'll play other games too of course :)

so when is GT5 supposed to be coming anyways?

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm after it since the current number of racing sims for handhelds is 0. Last I heard, thought it was a rumour, was that the project was scrapped.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
that's your opinion. we all have one. but you can't deny that GT4 pushed the ps2 as far as graphics, and game content. hopefully GT5 will do the same for the ps3

I agree with you completely. Remember GT4 was HD 1080i too on the PS2, so it really pushed it.

Just that the game doesnt do it for me. Maybe becuase I'm so damn awful at them :D

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I'm after it since the current number of racing sims for handhelds is 0. Last I heard, thought it was a rumour, was that the project was scrapped.

i agree with you there. not any racing sims for the psp. hopefully that rumor is wrong though, and they will work on it.

I agree with you completely. Remember GT4 was HD 1080i too on the PS2, so it really pushed it.

Just that the game doesnt do it for me. Maybe becuase I'm so damn awful at them :D

i hear ya. yeah the game can be pretty hard. that's why there's b-spec ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.