PS3 : Home

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by liketom, Feb 27, 2008.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

so ... been holding of buying a ps3 for a while, and i stumbled on the video from Home.

i do play second life on the mac but - low framerates and connection issues have made me look at PS3's Home

is anybody here on the beta , or any thoughts ?
    [​IMG]

2. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I wish I was on the beta! It looks pretty sweet.
    There are a lot of videos made by people with the beta.

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The question is does Sony plan to ship it in the next decade? It has been delayed again (Oct. 07) and again (March 08, Q1). Now, reps are saying Q2 possibly June with an Open Beta any day now.

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its taking a while for them to get this right....I hope they pull this off soon because its getting old....just like HAZE.

Bless

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah hopefully this will be out soon. June now?

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Kotaku has some interesting tid bits about first party game's Home zones. The Uncharted one has a 2-D Uncharted mini game :D

7. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

Yeah, I agree Sony needs to release a beta or something otherwise gamers are gonna get tired of waiting for it. Unless this Home thing is groundbreaking I don't see how it's going to beat xbox live.

I can't see myself turning on my PS3 so I can walk up to people and start talking to them about my new couch or t-shirt. Sony needs to do something to make this idea last otherwise it's gonna be fun for a while then get tiring fast. At least that's my opinion. Has there been any announcements that make you really excited for Home??

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I totally agree! Especially about Haze... I don't think that damn thing is coming til '09.

9. nintyuser macrumors newbie

One thing that is nice about Home or will be nice is probably the best way to put it??? :confused:(If it comes out)

Is that achievements you earn in games will be shown as trophies. If that works it will be better to see your "nerd points" in something other then lists like the 360.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Trust me from the big in depth video preview GamerTV did on it a couple of months back it really needed to be delayed.

Graphically it was poor (huge amount of draw-in and pop up when outdoors, horribly amount of bland generic empty grey/brown buildings indoors).

AI was crumby - they were trying to show how dynamic it was, and it just came across and really quite pathetic.

Then some of the drving section were just plain stupid. Ride pillion on a quad bike your facing 'backwards' ? and trying to shoot people in front of you ? :confused: It was like WTF!!!

Given 20 minutes of video footage shown - I was left utterly confused as to why this game is getting this kind of attention. It just stinks of generic FPS! Kind of like how the first Killzone was beefed up to be the Halo beater and turned out to be a damp squib, so Haze seems to be doing the same for PS3.

11. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Lol, for a second I thought you were talking about HOME. FPS, Driving??? :)

12. asxtb macrumors 6502

He is! Didn't you read about being able to do drive by shootings within HOME? ;) :D

Not funny, not funny.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL!!! Home would'nt be that funny ;):p

14. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I'm a PS3 newbie, hence I was unaware of Home. I watched the video footage over on the gametrailers site, and was enticed. It looks fun, and likely something I'll be interested in when they finally release it. Thanks for the info.

15. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

as an update - inside GT5 Prologues case there is a bit on PS3 Home - and to download it,

any day now then :)

16. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

in July according to the "leaked documents"

17. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

It has its advantages....but does need more time.
    They are not going to release a half-ass service.

Trust me guys and girls, you are not missing out on much right now. When an update gets released there are tons of people on testing, but once all the bugs are found it can get a bit sparse while waiting for the next build(which has delays due to legalities of different regions, debugging, etc.) I am most excited about the ability to meet up and launch into games with friends or discuss strategies before hand in "war rooms." Also the ability to meet with friends share media and/or attend media events(like exclusive movie or press events). HOME will evolve into quite the online community, but it will take a bit of time. 1.0 is on the horizon, and that is just the start!

18. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

looking forward to it!

19. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I take it you are on the beta?

Can you give any insight on how bowling or pool is in the beta? I seem to have trouble finding info on this.

Also- have they set up any arcade game machines in the beta?

I'm actually more interested in doing things like playing bowling or pool or some such in an environment like home. I play Bankshot Billiards 2 on the 360 online all the time against my brother. Taking that into a 3d environment like Home jus tseems very cool to me, especially if it plays well. Bowling just seems like it could be so great.

20. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

the trophy room is what i'm going for -

all my cars from GT5 pro and my medals from COD4

now only if i could take my cars for a quick spin in Home :D