PS3 > iMac Airport, DNS error

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sambo110, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

I put all the details manually, taking them from system preferences>network>ethernet, and it finds the IP address, but then always gets a DNS error. The DNS for me is the same as my router number thing, and there is no secondary DNS. Anyone know how to fix it?

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

3. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry, it was really late at night, and I was in bed and thought about trying this so did :p.

Well, I am trying to connect my PS3 wirelessly to my iMac's Airport. I do easy, and it can't find the IP Address. So I do custom, put in all the details, and it can find the IP Address but it always gets a DNS error when trying to connect to the internet.

4. Nuck81 macrumors regular

Like you're trying to get your PS3 connected to the Internet through your Mac's Airport while the Mac is connected to an ethernet cable?

I'm no expert but I don't think you can do that, unless you have some kind of router. Does your PS3 recognize your Mac as an access point? Mine Doesn;t.

5. Sambo110 thread starter macrumors 68000

My Wii, DS and iPod all connect to Airport. Yes, it finds the iMac, if I put the details in manually it finds the IP address, but it always gets a DNS error.