Ps3 issue please help!!!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jdclay, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jdclay macrumors newbie

Have a ps3, I turn it on, it says press ps button, I do...it says turn power off.

Nothing happens, I can't do anything with controller, etc.

I'm charging my controller on my laptop, guessing it's dead. I use the usb w/controller plugged into the ps3 and still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

When it says press the ps button, just 'press it' dont 'hold it down'.....

3. jdclay thread starter macrumors newbie

I did that, all it says is turn off system and the red lights continue to flash on the controller...even with the usb connected.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Your controller must be faulty.

Normally you shouldn't get that menu unless you are holding down the PS button for a few seconds.

All you should get initially is press button once and then you should see lights are flashing and then it will assign one light.

Initially you must have USB connected to PS3 and the controller for first sync.

If you've done all that, see if you can get another controller from someone and see if it has same issue. Then you'll know if it's your controller or your ps3 at fault.

5. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

The only time I get that message is after a update or restart but it just press the PS button and it goes back to normal could be a controller prob or a PS3 software prob is it the slim of thick PS3 ?