PS3 Jailbreak hacks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by JasonBourne1, Jun 5, 2012.

1. JasonBourne1 macrumors regular

I have an iPad, IPhone and PS3. Integration of Apple products with PS3 has never been seamless. Does anyone know of any good PS3/iOS JB hacks which are any good?
    Using the Iphone as a controller? Transferring or mirroring films from iPad to PS3? Im open to anything...

2. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Let me make sure I'm reading this correctly.

So you are wondering if there is a way for seamless integration between the iPad, which is made by Apple, and the PS3, which is made by one of Apple's many competitors, Sony, who also makes a competing tablet that runs on Apple's leading rival in the OS market, Android?

No, not that I know of. And why on earth would you want to use your iPhone as a PS3 controller?

3. JasonBourne1 thread starter macrumors regular

Er yeah...didn't think that would be too difficult to register.

Many people have both a PS3 and Apple gear. I personally use my PS3 as a media hub to watch movies etc.
    It was one of the reasons why I was asking if there were any JB hacks because without it, it be be near impossible for both companies to work together.
    What I meant about using the iPhone as a controller was using it as a remote to watch my films.

4. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

There was something of the sort in Cydia a long time ago, but I'm not sure it still exists or what it's called.GOOGLE TIME

5. MRU, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I've never managed to get Pocket Blu to work right. It always says my PS3 is offline when I can clearly see my friends logging in and out of PSN during my movies. Although you don't need a JB to use it, its free in the app store.

I've seen some apps on the XBL side of the house work with the iPad. Halo Waypoint has some integration, if thats what you want to call it. Its not really integrating with the console itself, its just connecting to the servers the game is connecting to.