PS3, mack book pro, time machine and a linux server

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by quanny, Aug 19, 2009.

1. quanny macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've been experiencing some very strage behaviour on my home network. Basically, I have a Belkin router on an ADSL2 connection. This is plugged in to my time machine. Plugged into the time machine via ethernet is a linux server (running postfix and apache - works very well), my apple TV, my PS3, and then over wirless, my mac book pro.

An example of the problem is I can be working away on my mac book pro, then someone will turn on the PS3, sign into the playstation network, and suddenly my connection to the 'net will stop working, but only on the mac book pro. The PS3 still works, the linux server is fine - it's very strange. I can still access things on the LAN from the Mac, but I can't acess the internet. Even after rebooting the Mac, I can't connect to the 'net. I can however ssh to the linux server, and it functions perfectly. I can, from the linux server, ping, ssh etc. to anything on the 'net. The only way I can get the connection back is to power cycle the Belkin router. It's very frustrating.

Has anyone got any ideas on this?

Appreciate you assistance in advance,

Cheers,

Greg

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution