PS3, MBP, Internet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacJohnson, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MacJohnson macrumors regular

MacJohnson

When i played my PS3 tonight i noticed that i got kicked off the internet and could not find my network...However when I stopped playing my Network came back on so i could connect to it with my MBP...any ideas why it does that

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

In order for anyone to help you, you'll need to supply a little bit more information, perhaps your networking details such as what ISP/Router, wired or wi-fi.

3. Lyshen macrumors 6502

More information would help but based off what little you've said... my guess is that possibly the frequency of your wi-fi and bluetooth are crossing and interfering with each other... thus your wi-fi drops from your laptop.

Bluetooth and wi-fi (802.11b/g) use the same spectrum area of 2.4GHz. Granted the chances of it happening isn't that high but it is possible, since bluetooth is supposed to keep switching channels to avoid interfering with other protocols that use 2.4GHz. Alternatively it could be a phone thats based off 2.4GHz as well.

If this is the cause, one thing you could try is changing the channel that your wi-fi router is set on. Of course the next time you turn on your PS3 and the bluetooth syncs, it may not interfere since the channel changes each time the controller syncs to the PS3.