Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I have a couple questions

1) I have a mb and a desktop. I have media server on both of them. When I run it from the desktop, i get a loop saying that the upnp address is used and goes in an indefinite loop

When i run it from my mb, it is able to find the ps3 no problem

whats going on?

2) Also, is there any reason why my .mp4 and .m4v files are unsupported (some of them) and the ones that play stutter like a lot?

Thanks

j2048b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2009
Cali
I have a couple questions

1) I have a mb and a desktop. I have media server on both of them. When I run it from the desktop, i get a loop saying that the upnp address is used and goes in an indefinite loop

When i run it from my mb, it is able to find the ps3 no problem

whats going on?

2) Also, is there any reason why my .mp4 and .m4v files are unsupported (some of them) and the ones that play stutter like a lot?

Thanks

1. most of these can be answered on the official ps3 media server forums:)

2. not sure about the windows side, as i have not used that one in over 3-4 months!! Mac took over:apple:

.mp4's and m4v's can be viewed a few ways:

you can force them to be transcoded,by adding them to the bar under the trabscode settings tab,> common transcode settings (listed on the left), on the bottom there are 2 open sections named:
skip transcode for following extensions and another saying force transcode,

you can add any of them like this: mp4,m4v (make sure the comma is there and no spaces I believe?

try to skip them first, and see if that works, if not then swith thm to force transcoding section.

or go under the folder *transcode* (i believe that is what it is called? with in the movies listed on the tv) and play them from there, they will show up as mpeg-4's or mpeg-2's i believe

the stuttering can be from your settings, on the transcoding settings tab, under common transcoding settings

or the wireless/wired setup you are running, too tired tonight to go into to many details, so check out their forums, it really does help!

hope any of this has helped?

dizzyedge

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2009
PS3 media server

I've done all of the above and yet the transcoded Mpeg 2 file still says it's corrupted. Not sure what else to do at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.