PS3 not showing up in Medialink

Discussion in 'macOS' started by oneboy, Sep 4, 2009.

1. oneboy macrumors newbie

I have just created a network with an airport express and downloaded the trial copy of Medialink hoping to set it up with my ps3, but the ps3 doesn't show up in the devices tab.

What am i doing wrong?

...it is relevant that I am totally new to creating networks.

2. mcruzader macrumors regular

3. oneboy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. oneboy thread starter macrumors newbie

further, after clicking start, the meialink says that it is connected using via "my-name-iMac-local"...this is the name that comes up when I use internet sharing. Whereas, my new network is named "my-name-Network"...

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Have you checked that medialink shows up on your PS3? I don't know how the express works but for ML to work you need to enable UPNP on your router, which in your case should be the airport express.

6. oneboy thread starter macrumors newbie

nothing showing on the PS3... how would be able to check if the express has UPnP enabled?

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

On your ps3, go to the settings then connections then do an Internet connection test. It should tell you there once it's done. On your express, you need to open up airport utility in Applications -> Utilities. You have to search through the settings cos I haven't got it in front of me.

8. oneboy thread starter macrumors newbie

Changing the settings on the ps3 to wireless seems to have worked!

Still seems a little slow to load pics and movies. what speed should i expect?

9. MecPro macrumors 6502

10. jcd25 macrumors newbie

medialink not recognizing ps3

i just got ps3 and have an iMac. both the ps3 and the iMac are connected wirelessly to my belkin N router. UPnP is enabled on my ps3 and the internet is working. i bought medialink. medialink is up and running but it doesnt recognize my ps3 and ps3 doesnt recognize medialink.

any suggestions? this is driving me crazy