PS3 on my macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by volcom1151, Nov 10, 2009.

1. volcom1151 macrumors member

I have a UBMP, I got it the day the first UBMP came out. I want to be able to play my PS3 on my macbook pro. Does anyone know how I can do this and if its possible. And if it is possible can someone help me with what I need to buy to make it possible.

ways that might work...?
    bluetooth?
    network sharing?
    somehow plugging it into the computer?

those wireless ideas don't really have the monitor involved with them but there just guesses.

if someone can help that would be great, thanks.......

after first two responses question....

is it possible to not have lag or just simply use my UBMP for a monitor and not have a TV tuner just a HDMI to whatever apple uses for the computer converter and have the PS3 out going in on the UBMP as if its a TV or screen?

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

The only way would be to physically hook it via a USB TV tuner and then play it as if you are watching TV on your Macbook Pro. Hope that helps! :)

melman101

3. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

4. volcom1151 thread starter macrumors member

is it possible to not have lag or just simply use my UBMP for a monitor and not have a TV tuner just a HDMI to whatever apple uses for the computer converter and have the PS3 out going in on the UBMP as if its a TV or screen

5. jpefjr macrumors regular

jpefjr

Nope, that's not possible. The MacBook (/Pro/Air) doesn't have a video in.

6. Bonsai71 macrumors newbie

In a word: No.

This might be feasible with the new iMacs having Display Port IN, but I'm guessing the box to convert HDMI to DP (a box which does not exist right now) will cost more than a 20" TV/monitor with HDMI in and built in audio - which is what I suggest you buy unless you are really, really short on space.

I've tried gaming though a tuner card before, and it sucks, the lag makes the game unplayable. Although it is handy for showing off your gaming skills on youtube, because you can record.

7. volcom1151 thread starter macrumors member

ahh ok thanks, its either the computer or a 40" I just didnt wanna spend the money.