Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Hey guys.

I'm going to restrain my opinions for now, so as to have people give theirs unbiased (at least, that's the hope).

How do you like your PS3, right now? No comparrisons to other systems - pretend that other systems don't exist, for the sake of argument.

How are you feeling about it?

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I'm enjoying the PS3...The hardware is strong and havent fail on me yet. The system is designed well and the XMB is getting better at each update...in time it will be on par.

The controller weight took getting use to but its been a blast so far only problem I have with the controller is it disconnects when I play PS2 games

The only thing thats a downer is right now are the lack of games but I know that will be cured in the next year so I'm not worried about it.

Bless

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
My PS3 = Blu-ray player. For a gaming console, the lack of any really killer titles is discouraging, and there don't seem to be too many candidates on the horizon. I bought a 360 recently because that seems to be where the fun's at. If Blu-ray doesn't win the format war, the PS3 will end up as a nicely-designed, solidly built doorstop.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
It's all right - I haven't really turned on any of my consoles for a while, but I'm trying to beat Resistance so I've been playing my PS3 for the past couple of days. Going to pick up WarHawk so I actually have another game for it either today or tomorrow.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I like my ps3 on the whole, but to say 'no' to comparisons is a bit silly, especially if you own both or all systems you are always comparing.

Nice and quiet operation, but I do still miss rumble from my games.

Looking forward to Ratchet & Clank, LocoRoco & Little Big Adventure.

Titles that have subsequently made me rethink. Well - I was really looking forward to Lair but the meh! reviews have put me off and the latest videos of Unchartered Drake's Fortune, have been too much gun - shooty - gears of war copycat cover system for my liking. (especially as I'm not a fan of that game), and whats with the tacky two frame blood border when your getting shot at ? looks awful and tacky....

I Like PSN, pricing seem's just about right and Super Stardust HD has me hooked.

It needs MORE DEMO's though.

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I like my PS3. I don't play it much, but I've never been a huge gamer on any system. I use it as much for a Blu-Ray player as for games. I have had fun playing Super Stardust HD lately. I'm looking forward to getting Dirt, Uncharted and Little Big Planet.

EvilDoc

macrumors 6502a
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

The Ps3 looks like a good system and over the next couple months there will be several good looking titles. I plan on picking up one probably in Oct to go with my 360 up in till now there havent been any good games for the system.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I have 30 BD movies, 6 BD games, and 6-10 PSN titles(including Warhawk). I still love gaming, but do not see my game collection ever outgrowing my movie collection. With the DVR functionality coming....along with many other media features, I must say that my PS3 will be heavily used throughout its life-cycle.

I'd say the only issues I've had are with the SIXAXIS controllers and NOT the system itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.