PS3 owners

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by SeVeN, Feb 9, 2008.

1. SeVeN macrumors 6502a

2. chadrob30 macrumors 6502

chadrob30

I use the one that came with Warhawk. The game sucks so I traded it in and kept the headset. :D

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ I was doing the same, but like a fool I traded it in along with the headset :rolleyes::(

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I use the one I got with warhawk yet I don't use them when I play the game. Only games I like using the mic is R6V and shooters along that lines.

Bless

5. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just got that game today and it doesn't seem like anyone is using a headset on there

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Then your volume is set too low or you don't have the headset setup right. Most all the CTF games I play are very voice intensive, in fact I hear people in any WH game I play.

I use a Motorola HS850, works great, no complaints about it.

Ed

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

I got Warhawk used without the headset and just play that...

I got turned off with the whole "headset" thing when I was a beta tester for XBox Live - nothing but swearing and profanity on it - so I never used one for online gaming since...

Maybe for LAN parties instead when you more or less know the people you are gaming with.

8. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

nope. the volume is set on high, what do you mean setup up right?

9. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Did you go to system setting on your PS3 and set it up? Or just turn it on.....

10. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

11. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

In the settings after you paired it with the PS3 did you verify that it was working? Did you then go and set that device as the default microphone? It should auto set it as that so long as the pairing went ok.

There should be a bar, when you talk or make noise that bar will move like a specktrum analyzer with the sounds, if you don't get this in the PS3 settings for the mic then the mic either isnt paired properly or the BT device isnt set as the primary device.

Sometimes my PS3 will pick the PS Eye over my BT device, I had to go in to the settings and specifically tell it that the BT device was default.

Also some BT headsets can only be paired to 1 device. This means you pair it with your PS3 and it works fine, however when you go to your phone or whatever device and you pair it with that again then when you go back to the PS3 you will have to re-pair the device. My HS850 can only pair to 1 device, however it is dedicated to my PS3 so I can care less. A BT device like the H700 can pair with multiple devices. These pairing issues are the biggest one I've seen with BT issues on the PS3, it has nothing to do with the PS3 and more to do with the headset limitation of how many devices can be paired to it at the same time.

Ed

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ might explain why I never hear any chat in PS3 games :eek:

13. irbdavid macrumors regular

irbdavid

Nothing beats a bit of CounterStrike: Source online for picking up strange new insults to hurl at passers by during day to day life :D

14. SeVeN thread starter macrumors 6502a

yup, its setup right.