PS3 save sharing

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by RLesko, Dec 13, 2011.

1. RLesko macrumors member

I have a PS3 at school and I will be home for winter break where my family also has a PS3. I copied my Skyrim data over to an external HD and I expected to load it up and play it on my PS3 at home, but it gives me some BS about save functions being disabled! I tried signing in with my PSN ID and it says "this belongs to another user". This can't be right. Please tell me I'm missing something. What is even the purpose of disabling all of this functionality??

2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Make sure the username on the PS3 as well as the PSN account match and you will be fine. The best solution is to use the cloud storage provided by PS+, its seamless that way.

Game companies don't want you to share game saves, that's why they are protected. It's 100% up to the developer of the game if they protect their saves, Sony has no say in it. If you have a beef with it take it up with Bethseda, however considering how buggy their console version of Skyrim is the save game being locked is likely the least of their issues/concern.

3. RLesko thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, my personal console is 1000 miles away now, so the cloud storage feature is not an option. I will have to change the PSN account email and hopefully logging in will be alright. Thanks.