Ps3 Slim and Hp HD Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SchneiderMan, Aug 30, 2009.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Hey ill be getting the Slim tomorrow, it will be my first console since the N64 lolz and ill be hooking it up with Hdmi to my 21" Hp 1080 display but wondering how could i get sound from the Slim?
    Thanks.

2. Seppola macrumors newbie

3. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yes but how could i get it out from the display? the built in speakers are worthless.. is there a way too hook up external speakers? thanks

4. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

5. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

thanks i have one of those, it came with my soundsticks, so if i use that then i wont be getting Hd because i couldnt use the hdmi.. well i guess ill have to live with it. thanks again. sony should have made a 3.5mm audio jack output for headphones

6. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

No, you use both the HDMI cable and the RCA cable. You can output sound and video from two different cables. This is the way I use my PS3 with my monitor and speakers.

7. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

ohhh awesome i thought i could only use one kind of cable, so ho many video outputs does the ps3 have?

edit: oh never mind im stupid lol, i forgot it had a regular hdmi port and also a video proprietary out port lol thanks!

8. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

just be sure to go into the audio settings and set audio out through the rca cables.