PS3 to 30" Apple Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jasony01, Jan 14, 2010.

1. jasony01 macrumors newbie

I have 2 extra 30" Cinema Displays in my place since I switched over to Lacie Monitors for my color workflow, I want to sell one and keep the other if I can use it on the PS3. I received a second PS3 for Christmas and would like to set up the 30" display with the PS3 in the client waiting area. I was just wondering if this is possible at all? I know I can just sell the monitors and buy a tv but I'd like to keep at least one as a spare just in case.

Thanks

2. Transporteur macrumors 68030

It is definitely possible, but bear in mind that the maximum resolution for a single Link DVI signal is 1280x800 on a 30" Cinema.

3. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

I suggest selling both ACD and get a TV. The resolution will be very limited on the ACD and it will appear stretched vertically as the ACD has no scaler.

4. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Would it even run fine without HDCP support on the ACD?

5. lukester macrumors 6502

You have two 30"?

I just got a refurbished 30" and I don't know if it is OK??
    Could you help me??
    Do you calibrate your monitors?
    I want to know what the Native kelvin is on yours?
    When I calibrate using an eye1 D2 set to 6500K, 2.2 gamma, 120 LUM.s
    I have a bit of trouble getting a good calibration.
    When I do get a good one, and compare an album that was printed with the original files they have a reddish tint, skin colors. it comes back with the 6500K that I entered.
    Now if I enter Native temp into the program and run the calibration it It comes back saying white point, temp, is 11K .. that's nuts. Could my screen be out of wack?
    I need to know because I shoot weddings and need good calibration that I can trust.