PS3 Trophies - how do they work, exactly?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

How exactly does the leveling system work? Is every bronze (silver/gold/platinum) trophy worth the same amount of percentage points towards the next level? Or do they vary? If a game has more trophies, are they each worth less?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think that all the bronze trophy in the game is worth the same amount and silver is a little bit more than the bronze and so on. I think its a set point system for each trophy class.

lets say for example:

Bronze = 10pts
    Silver = 20pts
    Gold = 30pts
    Platinum = 50pts

Bless

3. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Makes sense.

But is there any info on how many points they are worth exactly? And how many points it takes to level up?

It seems like I got to level 4 in no time, and all of a sudden it took forever to reach level 5. Do you need more trophies to level up the higher you get?

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Correct sir, As you progress the points it take to reach another level increases. Think of it as an RPG leveling system....every level becomes harder and so on.

I don't think they released the point system as yet for some odd reason.

Bless

5. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Cool, thanks.

I could have a real shot at Platinum in Burnout Paradise, I got the hardest ones already. But since one of them requires a PS Eye, it's just not gonna happen...