PS3: What Bluetooth device do you use to game with?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by DdMac679, Mar 4, 2010.

1. DdMac679 macrumors member

Jul 25, 2009
    United States
    I have been putting this off for some time but with the release of BC2 I am now shopping around for a PS3 Bluetooth headset. I was wondering with all the different type of devices on the market now, what brands seem to be favored with current users.
  2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    I use the official Sorny headset, it seems to work the best integration wise with the System. I have no complaints about it, and you can find it for a decent price or bundled with a game.
  3. Denaldo macrumors newbie

Mar 4, 2010
    Can't stand the 12 year olds

I always turn the sound down. I can't stand the 12 year old smack talkers.
  4. Lobeyone macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2009
    I got hold of a cheap LG headset but it was terrible, I guess you get what you pay for.
    I returned it and got the Official PS3 one for $40, it was priced up wrong in my local FutureShop!!.
    It is really well put together compared to others I have seen and has good sound quality to boot, I'm very happy with it.

Trash talkers are a real pain in the arse, but not as bad as nuke-boosters on MW2. Grrrrr
  5. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

Sep 28, 2004
    Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    I use my phone bluetooth headset, a Blueant Z9i which I really like. However as stated above, the damn 12yr old whining usually prompts me to mute voice in general.
  6. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Mar 9, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Agree, usually when I see the mic icon flash up next to someones name, I'll mute them, either for stupid smack talking, or just annoying background noise/music
  7. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

Oct 16, 2007
    yeah, with MW 2 i always mute anyone who has a mic next to their name. i can't stand listening to anyone while playing