Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doglover2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Hi, I need some help please, my ps3 has died so i would like to transfer my data from this one to my other ps3, i have tried swapping over the hard drives, but this did not work, why i don,t know, is it possable to use the usb to tranfer this data, but to do this would i not have to power up the hard drive somehow, missing my rr7 :mad:

doglover2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
OK, thanks for that, but if i format h.drive i will lose all setting as i cannot remove them from the drive i wish to put in. :)
Something i forgot to say, i run 2 x ps3 and both have the same updates on then, as i say one has died and it is the one with my game settings on for rr7
which i would like to tranfer to the other ps3 when i swapped h. drives it kept asking me to download update, why would you think it would ask me this when both have the same updates. If i could power up the h/d from the one that has died it may be possable to tranfer this date onto the other ps3..................sorry if i am not clear on this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.