PS4 and RPGs

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jinyoungkim7, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jinyoungkim7 macrumors regular

jinyoungkim7

I'm not sure if this is the right subforum but anyways:

Does anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed by the RPG selection of the PS4? It seems like there are only FPS or first person action games. Thoughts?

Maybe I haven't done my research, I just recently became interested in the PS4 after being away from console gaming for awhile.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

It's not even out and barely any games have been announced compared to the lifetime of the system. Give it and the XBox One some time. Sheesh!

3. tigress666 macrumors 68040

To be fair I think both new consoles don't have much (which is why I am not excited about launch for either). In fact, I can't think of much new RPGs period for either new console coming out in the future aside from FF and Witcher (both next year).

4. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Dragon Age Inquisition is the one I'm waiting for.

5. Poly macrumors 6502

I'm also a bit sad that there is no RPG at launch for either consoles!
    Though I'm very excited about the Witcher3 and DragonAge Inquisition because currently it looks a lot more promising then DA2!
    But the Witcher3 will blow my mind if CDprojectRed can keep up to their promises.

6. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

What's with this KingdomHearts 3 thing? I saw a lot of Wii U enthusiasts being quite sad because it's PS4 only (I believe), I don't know this franchise at all but from the screenshots it looked like a rpg. Ok, posssibly a jrpg but it's in there still..:D

7. MRU Suspended

MRU

In fairness it's not even out of the gate and were complaining about lack of titles ?

And yes whilst Killzone, Battlefield & COD are there that is just 3 titles from retail launch, with

Fifa 2014
    Madden 25
    Need For Speed
    Drive Club
    Knack
    Skylanders Swap Force
    Assassins Creed
    Watchdog
    Injustice God Amongst Us
    Lego Marvel Heroes
    Just Dance 2014
    NBA 2K14
    NAB Live 14

on PSN, yes there is Warframe & Blacklight there is also

Minecraft {PSN}
    Putty Squad {PSN}
    Pinball Arcade {PSN}
    ResoGun {PSN}
    DiveKick {PSN}
    DC Universe Online {PSN}

Of those

DC Universe Online,
    Minecraft

are RPG like, and then even an argument can be made for Skylanders Swap Force as it too has many RPG elements being 'diablo like' in it's construction.

----------

I don't get the excitement over Witcher. I've played both witcher games now, the second one Witcher 2 felt to me like 'half a game'. Just as it was getting interesting and you thought things were moving - it put you in a generic ruined town with very little content and then it's 'game over' ..

I was so so so bitterly disappointed with Witcher 2 and how incomplete and unfinished it felt.

8. Poly macrumors 6502

Well Witcher always more about a cool story.
    And the third Witcher will feature a fully explorable open world!
    Imagine Skyrim with better graphics, awesome bosses and a story you can't depict its end from your first minutes of playing.

9. MRU Suspended

MRU

Yeah the open world part would be awesome, but only if they fill it - not half fill it ;-) :) :D

10. Poly macrumors 6502

This is 100% true! :)

I still would love a REAL Game Of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire RPG. Open world, non linear story. Martins world would fit a rpg perfectly well. But not like this BS that is already out.

11. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris