Ps4 controller dims screen?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Seanshineyouth, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Seanshineyouth macrumors newbie

Seanshineyouth

I have an older MBP, running Torchlight 2 via steam, and the X button keeps dimming the screen... and it's also not doing what it's supposed to-- it's supposed to be shift+LeftClick... it works fine with my pc... so it's mapped right in steam... but there's some kind of setting in the Mac OS thats crossing wires with the controller...

Additionally, I tried mapping it to another button-- the result is that the x button no longer dims (it's not mapped to right click), but the SHIFT button still does dim the screen, even when it's mapped all by itself... It doesn't seem to be a steam thing since the same configuration works on my PC and all the buttons are mapped correctly... just the controller itself when mapped with a shift button dims the screen, but only on a mac... for some ....weird...reason...

I'm gonna try changing the in-game settings for the button I need to something other than shift and see if I get the same results or if that fixes it... but this is a WEIRD thing to happen at all!!

Additionally, when I switched the configuration, it started messing with the resolutions on my TV (which I have hooked up to my computer)... all the menus are mixed up... like pieces of them are too far left, and another piece of the same menu screen is too far right... it's like a jumbled picture... It's so super bizarre... all because of a controller?

2. Seanshineyouth thread starter macrumors newbie

Seanshineyouth

Changed "stand in place" from shift to something else on the games Key bindings... it appears to have fixed it. The whatever controller butt I map the shift key to, still dims the screen, so I've lost the ability to "shift+click" to quick transfer items... but it's not so bad as it was with primary attack being messed up.