Ps4 or Xbox One?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by youngsunnz, Nov 22, 2013.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I am currently looking into purchasing one of the systems but am not sure to which one. Price is a factory and also I have a child who I think will be able to use the kinect system. But she is only two right now. I am also interested games and also great features for my system. Which one would you recommend and also which one would you recommend for kid 2 years of age?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I can't imagine that a 2 year old could use any game system. Get which ever one you want.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

For a two year old? Try a spare GBA or something.

4. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

2 years old is far to young for A WiiU/PS4/XBOX One.

These systems are catering to mature gamers/older members of a family. a 2 year old won't be able to play these games.

I think that if your looking for your child, an iPad or a windows or android tablet will be the best bet.

If for yourself, the XBOX One seems like the winner again this generation. The PS4 is encountering some bad hardware issues.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

I don't see the point of any system for a two year old, but if you just have to spend money now (why not wait a year or 3? Prices will fall, a hardware revision will come out), I'd go with a 3DS for $199 and buy her fun/educational games.

If you just have to buy a full console over a portable, I would get a 360/Kinect bundle either on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Again, she won't know or care about having a 360 vs. an Xbox One (because she's two) and there's bundles for $189-250, well shy of the $500 for the Xbox One.

Unless this is all just a ploy to buy a gaming system for yourself, justifying it by using your daughter, then just get whatever the heck you want.

6. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

For a 2 years old, I would strongly recommend either COD Ghosts, or if she's able to issue orders to team mates even Battlefield 4.

And if she likes the undead world, there are a lot of new releases to look forward to.

7. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

A 2 year old on COD? bad idea.

8. Frisco macrumors 68020

I think he was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

My 2 year old loves Grand Theft Auto.

9. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    More like blocks, tinkertoys, and the like.

Then, when they're 4, you buy them an NES to toughen them up.

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Sounds like dad is just looking for an excuse to buy a game console..

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Wii U for the 2 year old.

Xbox will have more family Kinect games though.

12. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

Do you even know how to read? Have you been living under a rock? Google is your friend.

13. jedolley macrumors 68000

I echo the other responses stating an iPad is a better option. There are many educational game options in the iOS App Store and the iPad is an easy interface for a toddler to learn. I know there are some that are going to say a kid does not need any of these things and should be playing with legos, blocks, etc. My son, now 4, plays with these things as well, but he also gets a little iPad/Computer time.

Now, if you want to introduce your child to game consoles, next gen may not be the right option now... I started letting my son watch me play video games at 3, but I only played specific games around him (i.e. no violence, bad language, etc.). Little Big Planet for the PS3 was a big hit. He really liked to watch the platforming elements and we even designed our own Sack Boy together. We did more of the same with Little Big Planet Karting as well. I even let him play both a bit and he wasn't bad. Especially with LBP2, I would design a very simple level for him to explore and he had a blast.

I currently have a PS4, and there isn't really a game out right now that I am completely ok with him watching. Playroom might be an option, but I don't have the camera. Maybe some of the indie games on PSN, but I have not gotten them yet.

It's not my recommendation, but If I absolutely had to pick a next gen system to play in front of my child, it would probably be the Wii U (I hesitate to call it next gen) or the Xbox One (mainly due to Zoo Tycoon and possible other Kinect/Family friendly games).

I'm pretty sure the Xbone issues have been more wide spread.

14. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

Not a fanboy, but I think both consoles have some issues