PS4/PSV Remote Play question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

So I have set it up to use remote play on my Vita in my house, while both are in the same WLAN. However, the other day I tried to connect to my PS4 while I was at my sister's house, and it didn't work. First it looked for the PS4 in the local network, and then it tried to find it via the internet...and that process just kept going, it never found my PS4.

Is there a special setting I need to configure to allow my PS4 to be accessed via the web? I can start downloads via the online PSN store, so it is at least possible for my PS4 to be found and activated through the web. How can I help my Vita make the connection that way?

2. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

I think it just needs to be in standby mode - there may be some other settings - would have to check later on tonight.

3. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I got it to work...not sure what I did differently, but I managed to play PS4 Minecraft on the Vita in a hotel room. Very cool! Makes me even more excited about the Vita TV!

4. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I'm glad you managed to get it working. I've had a PS4 since day one and I've hardly used this feature for some reason, despite how awesome it is. Earlier this week a friend told me how much fun he's having playing Destiny on his Vita via Remote Play and how good the controls are. I need to check it out.