PSA: Apple is replacing S0 watches with S0 watches again

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Brettka7, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Brettka7 macrumors regular

I sent my S0 Hermès in for battery replacement last week. The Apple Watch repair depot leaves a lot to be desired but essentially, they refused replacement of the battery and sent the watch back to me with severe, long scratches in the sapphire crystal display.

The Apple Store immediately offered to replace the watch at no cost to me and I had no problem with that! Saved $79 on a battery replacement that way.

I got a refurb S0 Hermès in return. Can’t complain about it at all considering how great the Apple Store treated me, but it looks like S2/S3 upgrades aren’t happening for SS owners at this time.

2. Thai macrumors 65816

Thai

Well, you have a very expensive and rare S0....

3. nicho macrumors 68020

You aren't a SS owner.

4. Brettka7 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting, the back of my watch says “stainless steel”
    --- Post Merged, Jun 7, 2019 ---
    Let’s see if I can make it last until the S0 is officially obsolete!

5. nicho macrumors 68020

That's because it is made of Stainless Steel. You have a Hermes model, which is treated completely separately. They're not interchangeable.

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

This. It’s because it’s an Hermes model, which is why they issued the same model in return, because the Hermes is far more limited in terms of what they can issue without watch. I also imagine Apple wants to issue specific models like the ceramic/Hermes to those who actually own that model versus giving them an aluminum or just a regular stainless.