Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple earlier this week released a new beta of iOS 12.2 to developers and public beta testers, but that beta does not include the same Group FaceTime bug fix that was introduced in today's iOS 12.1.4 update.

Apple's Group FaceTime servers are back online, but because the issue has not been fixed in iOS 12.2, Group FaceTime is not working on beta devices.

groupfacetimeeffects-800x647.jpg

We have been testing Group FaceTime since the servers came back online, and while we can get calls to work between multiple people on devices running iOS 12.1.4, calls do not go through on devices running iOS 12.2 beta 2.

Developers and public beta testers will need to wait until the Group FaceTime bug fix is added to the next iOS 12.2 beta before being able to use the feature.

Group FaceTime is also unavailable on devices running iOS 12.1.3 or earlier, and will remain unavailable until the devices are upgraded to iOS 12.1.4. The same goes for Macs that are not running the newly updated macOS 10.14.3 update. Group FaceTime on Mac doesn't work on Macs running the older version of macOS 10.14.3 or the new macOS 10.14.4 beta update.

Article Link: PSA: Group FaceTime Not Working in iOS 12.2 Beta Because Bug Isn't Fixed Yet

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Apple “think violated.”

premium software, right? You and your emoji. Doesn’t look apple sauce.

WatchFromAfar

Suspended
Jan 26, 2017
This is a beta, the fix will be in the next beta, if someone want it now go install the latest normal release.
That's a daft responce:
Don't install the beta; you should wait for the release for a fix
Oh "the fix will be in the next beta"

Last edited by a moderator:

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
They fixed it in 12.1.4, the latest public release. 12.2 isn’t released to the public yet. If they fixed it in both, it would’ve probably taken longer for 12.1.4 to come out. I don’t see an issue.
Yeah. Got the late memo.

NightFox

macrumors 68040
May 10, 2005
Shropshire, UK
Anyone that is disappointed and/or upset about a beta release missing features should not be running the beta

I disagree. People are entitled to have hopes for betas and be disappointed if they don't happen. The people who shouldn't be running betas are those who have expectations and then rant angrily when they're not met.

Last edited by a moderator:

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
I don't understand your point. What massive security issue does this beta have? Group FaceTime isn't enabled on it for the very reason that the exploit isn't patched in this beta, so I fail to see the vulnerability.
[doublepost=1549619442][/doublepost]

I disagree. People are entitled to have hopes for betas and be disappointed if they don't happen. The people who shouldn't be running betas are those who have expectations and then rant angrily when they're not met.

People that get things for free aren't "entitled" to anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.