iPad PSA: iPad Air, AppleCare+ and In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortcut3d, Nov 3, 2013.

1. shortcut3d macrumors 65816

After my day long in store pick up fiasco on November 1st the troubles continue. I continue to receive pick up confirmations and pick up available notices on November 3rd. These notices are for AppleCare+. My original order was two iPad Air 128GB WiFi + Cellular (AT&T), two SmartCase(s), and two AppleCare+.

I'll skip the day long saga for in store pick up. Though one important note from that day, items that were stuck in processing can not be processed for a refund until available for in store pick up.

After continuing to receive these notices, I decided to confirm AppleCare+ for each device. One device did not have AppleCare+ registered, not much of a surprise given this web order history. I contacted Apple and was transferred to the agreements department. Apparently, this is an issue carrying over from launch day. Their standard process is to sale you a new AppleCare+ subscription, then transfer you to web order support for a refund on the original order. Sounded familiar to suggestions from in store employees willing to sale an iPad Air and then cancel the in store pick up at a later date. Sure enough, after requesting to check on the refund first, the unregistered / unattached AppleCare+ could not be refunded 'yet'. I do have a pick up confirmation for this particular iPad Air with AppleCare+. I also have another pick up confirmation for this iPad Air with three AppleCare+. Currently, a senior advisor from agreements department is researching the issue and will contact me with a resolution. Regardless, he said the receipt is gold for AppleCare+ and it would be honored in the meantime.

If you ordered AppleCare+ with your iPad Air on launch day for in store pick up, check your support coverage. It should be showing good through October 31, 2015.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Actually, it should be good through November 1. I ordered mine launch day and that's what I'm seeing on mine.