iPhone 11 Pro PSA: Payment issues with Verizon, they don't say anything until it's too late.

RyanFlynn

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Los Angeles
Hey friends,

I ordered my iPhone 11 Pro Max at 5am with a 9-20 delivery using apple pay, 6 days later I decided to check on the order via their chat system. I was told that everything was on track, but she advised me to call a number to verify my payment information. (see chat transcript)

When I called, they told me there was a payment issue, but not to worry I didn't lose my place in line. I updated my payment and expected it to ship.

This morning I checked the status, it still said processing, so I called in. The rep told me that because the payment delay, they moved me to a Oct delivery.

Not the end of the world, but it would have been nice to get a call as soon as there was an issue and not have to investigate myself.

Ryan

Attachments

timeconsumer

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Did you by any chance pay using a Chase card? I’ve read two other posts on here where they paid using a Chase card and had a payment issue with Verizon.

moderniste

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2005
Maybe the messages were going to your spam folder? I got an email from Verizon about the payment issue.

DaveOP

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Interesteing! Yes, it was a chase card.
With Apple Pay, or just regular? I used Apple Pay with a citi card and had the same issue. Luckily they emailed me and I saw it fast enough to update everything. I do wish they'd send a text or app notification, it'd be really helpful.