PSA: Pre-sign for delivery (Apple.com orders)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by baummer, Sep 21, 2017.

1. baummer macrumors 6502a

Don't forget to pre-sign for delivery! Apple is requiring UPS (and I assume FedEx) to get a signature before delivery. Login to the Apple Store website and find your order; you should see something similar to the attached. Click the "Pre-Sign for Delivery" button, print out the form, fill it out, and leave at your door if you or anyone else won't be home to sign for it. I didn't know this was a thing, so I am glad I checked!

Attached Files:

2. techiegirl macrumors 65816

techiegirl

No matter how safe your neighborhood is, I'm not sure I would want my $1k iPhone to be left at door.

3. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Yep, this. I'm actually doing in-store pickup if available or having them shipped to work.

4. baummer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hear you. Everyone has a different situation.

5. missbing macrumors 6502

missbing

Or have it shipped to your work location or have it held at a UPS/FedEx location. This is what I always do.

6. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

i did the pre sign, taped it to inside door where they could see it, and they didn’t leave it. (last year)

its ok i’ll enter my work address this time, instead

going to the hub at night wasn’t cool , but i guess they were just being safe

7. trekkie604 macrumors 68000

trekkie604

Sign something absolving the carrier of the responsibility of leaving a $1500 item out in the open? Nope.

8. chanerz macrumors 65816

Nope! I'm re-routing mine to nearest UPS hub.

9. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

My UPS guy told me he has instructions to not leave at the door regardless of the pre-sign being present. I guess they don't want the liability.

10. hugodrax macrumors 6502a

The problem is you presign there is nothing dtopping the employee from pocketing the phone and then claiming they left it. You have no recourse or any way to prove otherwise. Not a good idea.

11. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

In years past reprobates would follow the UPS truck picking up what they just dropped off.
    In some of the millennial condo complexes you could score 10 or more phones.

12. rui no onna macrumors 603

rui no onna

Yep. I've already had a missing iPhone SE and iPad Pro 9.7 that were lost by carrier.

13. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

previously you're shipping address had to match your billing address (ordered via apple and wouldn't let me edit shipping info) so i wasn't able to get it delivered to work for some reason but there was a small window where you could edit your shipping address and was able to edit it to my work address.

the few times i sent mine and my wifes iPhone out for repair, we were unable to pre-sign via fedex or apple to leave the device when it was being delivered back to us.

SO! YMMV.