PSN Downloads

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Soulstorm, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Actually, this is a question that has been bothering me for a while...

Lets say that I make a purchase of a game through Playstation Network. I download the game, and all is fine. At some point, I am forced to format my HD on PS3. Then, I will be able to re-download any purchase from PSN just by logging into PSN and downloading the game again. But how many times am I allowed to do that on my console, supposing I do not log into PSN using my account from any other console?

2. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

You should be able to redownload it 5 times atlease.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

yeah I had to do this to get my psn downloads on my second ps3. You log into your psn account and make sure you enable/activate the machine. At that point go into psn marketplace and choose info top left screen and it will show you your purchases. Simply put a tick next to them and download again.

I love the fact they don't lock your purchases to one machine/account or require you to have to be online like the 360.

Sony got it right on this one, just wish there was more demo content and the marketplace wasn't slow.

4. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Yeah,, but how many times can I do this? Five, like xparaparafreakx said?

5. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

If you are going to be formating or upgrading the HDD on a console that already has the content downloaded you can just backup to an external drive using the PS3s in built backup utility.

I know you can also use the backup utility on another PS3 but if the accounts have not been setup you may need to download the content again from that account once it is created.

As far as I am aware you can download content as many times as needed but only to a total of 5 PS3s.