PSN (for PSP) account in other region?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Well, no PSP at E3, which means I will be getting the Go, and my 10 free games along with it!

Now I will probably sign up for an Austrian account (I live in Germany) to avoid being stuck with censored games. This will be my only account to use with the Go. I'll have to use fake info (address/name?), obviously, and I'll use PSN cards for purchasing content (Amazon sells other region's cards here). Would there be any potential problems with this approach that I am not considering?

And the even more important question is: black or white PSP Go? :D

2. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Come on, guys - at least help me on the black/white issue!! :eek: ;)

3. SevenInchScrew macrumors 6502a

SevenInchScrew

Both look pretty good, but I'll put a vote in for white. My iPhone 3G is white, and it really hides the fingerprints and scuffs and stuff really well. For a portable system that will be handled all the time, I think the same thing will apply. So, I say get white.

4. -SD- macrumors 6502

Get the white one.

You will easily be able to set up an Austrian account using fake info and getting PSN cards for that country. However, if you're just going to set up the one account, may I suggest an American one as the US PSN Store has a much greater choice of PSP and PSone games. You'll just need to find some kind soul who can purchase US PSN cards on your behalf and email you the codes.

:apple:

Edit: Just remembered that the 10 free games thing is Europe only. I think you only get 3 free games with a US account. Bugger.

5. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, that's why I am thinking Austria. :)

And thanks for the feedback, guys!

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I've bought a lot content on my USA account, a lot more games and they come faster.

I can provide you Finnish addresses etc if you want, no censor here ;)