PSN/PSP Store stuff

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So I live in PSN's very own nomansland - Europe. There are some games that I want but they're unavailable in this region. Sooo...

1) Can you gift PSN games cross-region as you can Steam or Wii games?
    2) If I bought a US PSN card off *insert online shop here*, do I magically gain access to the region that card is for?
    3) Can I play both my EU and "imported" PSN games off the same PSP?

If I can't get hold of R-Types there'll be heck to pay. mmHeck I tell ya.

2. -SD- macrumors 6502

Yeah, all you need to do is set up a US or Japanese account with a fake address. As long as you can obtain PSN Cards for that region then you're good to go. There are a few guides for this kicking around the interwebs.

I don't own a PSP, but I'm sure you can only sync it to a single PSN account at a time. So everytime you want to load up some games from a different region than you're currently using, you'll have to re-sync it (whatever that entails).

:apple:

3. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

I am also interested in that. In fact, I think I asked a similar question when the PSP Go came out...

I think you can download games from all the international stores if create respective accounts and you have a way to pay for them (e.g. PSN cards), but you can only sync your PSP with one account at a time.

Quite a pain in the ass, really. Ideally you should pick one country's PSN store and stick with it, that way you'll always be able to have all your content with you.

EDIT: Found the thread - this should answer most of your questions:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=799230&highlight=

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea, I was hoping things might have changed since then. Ah well :(.

5. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Nah, nothing has changed.

I live in Germany, and we get all the gimped versions of "mature" games, if we get them at all. (GTA's without blood etc.) So if I get the Go, I will probably just use an Austrian or English account with it, as I can buy PSN cards for both on Amazon. The important thing is to stick with ONE account, so I don't have to switch games around all the time.