PSN video store....in Europe?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Are we ever going to get this service? I remember them saying "2009", but that was a long time ago, and never mentioned again (to my knowledge).

Anyone heard/read anything?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Chances are that 'Europe' will be divided and PSN will appear gradually in each country.

Remember they have to deal with licensing issues in EACH country SEPERATLY regardless of the fact that its supposedly 1 continent.

Just like iTunes and XBLA Marketlplace the amount of time it takes to appear in each country in Europe will depend on those legal / copyright / licensing issues.

Basically you may be lucky and get it in the UK, but Ireland might not see it at all etc....

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I believe it will be launching much later this year, sometime around late summer or autumn.

4. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

If it will be released, it's guaranteed to be UK only at first, then followed by France and Germany. Other countries... I don't see it happening.

5. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Too late is the answer. I'd have been paying for films, like I used to on the 360 direct. Now I've gone for Tesco/LoveFilm and it's wicked. Always have three BluRays on the go!