Psp e1000

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Goftrey, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

I've been quite interested by this new PSP for a while now and they're only £85 ($135) on Amazon!!

It doesn't have Wi-Fi which doesn't make much of a difference to me as I'll just plug it in to my Mac or laptop if I want to download demos and the such.

There's also PSP 100x out there on eBay for £50 ($80) in pretty decent condition, but they're old and phat ;)

The PSP Go's are a no-go ;) for me as they don't fancy forking out £30 ($50) everytime I want a new game...

The PSP 200x and 300x come between £60 - £100 ($95-$160) but I'd prefer the 100x as they've got the hand grips (the 200x-300x give me hand cramps :L)

Should I get a USED 100x for £50
    OR...
    A NEW E1000 for £85

PS. Pardon the puns in this post :p

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Having just last night opened up a (cleanliness obsessed) friends PSP-2000 I'm never going to buy a second hand portable console ever :D. It's disgusting what gets lost in there.

But an e-1000? Those things are pretty awful. They feel really cheap, have mono sound and no wifi. For £10 more you can get the 3000 which is still the ultimate PSP system. If it's uncomfortable I'd recommend getting a case for it, you can buy hard covers that mimic the feel of a Dualshock controller on eBay.

Also bear in mind that no wifi means no web browsing or Remote Play (which is no great loss), no streaming, no multiplayer, no leaderboards, no inbuilt DLC updates (used in games like MGS Peacewalker and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite).