[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: Lion War

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Less than a week until it is released. Am I the only one totally stoked? My favorite PSone game with me where-ever I wanna go? Nice.

More battles? Nice.

New classes? Nice.

New cutscenes? Nice.

Still same slowdown, odd sound timings, new ability names? no so nice.

Has got a lot of good reviews do far, 88% average on gamerankings last time I checked.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Meh, I played the original to death.

Roll on the sequel.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

It's a great game, better than the 1st imo. Worth a buy if you were in to the 1st this much. I've had it since July or so, played through around half of it.

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well it's just as quasi-remake so I would expect it to be better than the original. I have it pre-ordered since I was a tad obsessed with the original :D I like the look of the cutscenes but from what I have heard, the voice acting doesn't blow me away. Still, between Jeanne D'Arc, this and Disgaea the PSP has a pretty sweet strat library growing for it (even if two are ports :p)

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If I was into the FF games I would be jumping around with you but sadly I'm not....one of my friends is jumping around like a school girl if that makes you feel better about it:)

Bless

6. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

quite :D

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Well I got it.

New cut scenes are great, the translation is much better although I do prefer the old translation just because I am used to it, the graphics look nice too

but....

The sound effects are brutal, like they took out an effect or something and they sounds horrid. But worse than anything is the ****ing slowdown. It is so annoying I can barely stand it. Every move, aside from attack, causes the game to slllooooowwwww dooooowwwnnnnnnn to a crawl EVERY TIME! God I will hate to see what happens when the game actually hits a few parts where the PSone game had major slow down...

Overall this is bittersweet. The new additions are awesome but the slow down is just annoying beyond belief, they were mentioned in reviews but they are REALLLY buggin' me :(

8. llordllama macrumors newbie

FFT port: like a crippled genius

I have been dreaming of this day for over a year. I thought "How could anything go wrong? They're taking a perfect game, tweaking a few elements and mving it onto a faster more powerful system? And then, battle one begins and I see fro the get go that EVERY frickin special command...use potion, throw stone, dash, phoenix down, all have slow down! It made me cringe...I almost got angry. Immediately, I feared future battles where Id be casting level 3 and 4 spells on groups of enemies. What is gunna happen then? I imagine the sound effects will finish long before the animations. I have delayed playing because of this. I am so angry! What the ***K is wrong with them? How could they relase this and think its ok?? You cant tell me there was no way around this. Im so sad. I mean,the game is great, good improvements yadda yadda. Id have given it an 11 out of 10 if it had no slow dowbn, but unfortunately...I think I have to now drop that score to a 7/10 Why? because have of what I loved about this game were the anaimations and accompanying sound and light effects, which have all been thrown off synch. I envy those who have NEVER played FFT before on PS1 and will notnotice the difference. My experience is my plight....
    DAMN IT

9. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^

finally someone who agrees with me :D the lag is very annoying but I suppose those who have never played it won't be bothered as much.

Oh, and high level spells don't seem to lag as much. Flare and Holy lagged on the PSone so it is pretty much the same here. The worst lag for me has been when i cast 'protect' its a good 3 seconds out of sync with the sound :( Pity since everything else they did is totally awesome that they have to **** up the primary part of the game.

just keep playing it though, you will get over the "I am gonna kill SE" feeling and you will enjoy the game for what it is. Battles take an extra 30 seconds or so...oh well, don't let it ruin the game.