PSP not working on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by JeffZHigs, Sep 14, 2008.

1. JeffZHigs macrumors newbie

I recently bought a PSP, and followed the instructions on connected the psp to the computer properly. (Going to settings and the USB Mode). But my Mac doesn't detect that theres a PSP connected. I searched on the computer for it and still nothing came up. I tried that iPSP , and still it didn't detect it. Could this be because I havn't purchased a memory stick yet?:confused:

2. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

The psp works fine with the mac. You might want to check the usb cable or try a different usb port on your mac.

3. calintz macrumors member

did you just connect the psp to the mac?

u need to put the psp into usb mode also... then it should just show up on your desktop

if that doesn't work, then something is wrong

[edit]
    or it may be that you don't have a memory stick...

4. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Mine connects just fine, and yes that's because you don't have a memory stick. After all, what's your Mac supposed to connect to without one? If you got a memory stick in there connect it via usb, put the PSP to usb mode & it will mount just like a regular external HD or usb stick.

If it doesn't have the "PICTURE", "MUSIC" etc. folders create them. Put pictures in "PICTURE", music in "MUSIC" etc. to access it on the PSP.

It'll look something like this:

Attached Files:

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A PSP connected to a computer is nothing more than a Memory Stick Pro Ultra Ex Alpha Upper reader.
    If you have a modded PSP then you can access the 4 Flash drives, UMD and memory card.

6. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

you should try formating your psp memory stick from directly on the psp.