PSP... Phone... whaaaaaa?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by sikkinixx, Oct 26, 2010.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/the-playstation-phone/

Dude what the hell? For realzies?

Aside from looking ugly (it's only a prototype apparently) it's.... just a regular phone with PSP controls?

If this is a) real and b) a PSP successor they better make an iPod Touch-like version cuz I ain't buyin another damn phone.

2. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

yeah I saw that earlier...if they can get some sweet games on there then it might be some viable competition! i wonder what the specs are?

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

1GHz Qualcomm MSM8655
    512MB of RAM
    1GB of ROM
    ~4" Screen

Word is that it'll have a PSP Marketplace for games (in addition to the Android Marketplace) - and I'll guess the ribbon ui will be incorporated somehow.

4. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Hisdem

5. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

If I didn't believe we would get undercooked hardware, draconian over-control by Sony and way-too-high game prices (i.e. what we have now with the 4 released PSP's) ... I would be very excited.

Of course, I will still buy one at release ... just as I have done for the previous 4 PSP's! :D I might complain, but I do love my PSP ... though with the Go I now find it awful playing loud & slow UMD games ...

6. steveOooo macrumors 6502a

it looks like a 1st gen 3g handset from 2001 - i will stick with my psp 2000 with extremely cheap ;) games

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Sony does make phones - I had one - it was actually quite decent...

8. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Sony Ericsson have been making phones for years, they actually pretty much invented the touch screen smartphone market! This is an interesting concept they have been playing with for a very long time so don't be surprised. Will it be good? Of course it will, will it be successful? Who knows, will it be released? Not sure because the PSP2 is rumoured to be immensely powerful. Still it has a lot of potential and an Android handset made by SE with the Playstation brand behind it and proper game controls!! Yes please! Would I replace my iPhone 4 with one? oohhhhhhh now that's a question...
    I have the first gen PSP, it was a Christmas present as I wanted one the first time I saw it and I'll never sell it, so not sure if I would get a PS phone.