[PSP] Silent Hill 0rigins

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I know there not much PSP heads at MR or SH fans but heres my mini review anyway for the curious.

SH0 is basically SH1 & 2 rolled up into a handheld and it stands the test of time....any fan of the series needs to play this game. The story is top notch and an excellent edition to the SH universe...good job climax for not ruining my favorite series.

Combat is basically unchanged except the hand to hand and context button mash but it doesn't hinder it. I find it interesting how they introduced TVs, toasters, bottles into the weapon mix.....they work really well.

At first I thought the monsters were just stupid looking and seem out of place but as I play the game and understand their meaning they fir well into the series.....The swinging dolls will give you a good scare.

To let you guys know the music is still in full force here and it really spooks you out even on a handheld....This game delivers and works on a handheld(get your self some headphones and enjoy)

Overall I give this a 8/10......it does nothing new but it does satisfy that thrist until SHV comes along.

Wait until you run into this guy....

Bless

Attached Files:

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I loved all the SH (except 'THE ROOM') and thought the film was really great too.

So is SH origins just 1 & 2 then ? Or is it told from a different side, perspective ?

I haven't touched the PSP is sooooo long, but might get it out of the closet (where it's keeping Tom Cruise & R-Kelly company ;) ) for a bit of SH.

3. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

If you loved SH1 & 2 then you'll like this one.....It a whole new story and gives us more insight about the cult and town...it also takes dips into Travis(main character) past. Alessia and the cult is more fleshed out here and Lisa Garland makes a return.

Its like playing the console versions....its really thought out not just a side story.

Just as james had P.Head & Heather had Veitiel....Travis has the Butcher.

Bless

4. spawn135 macrumors newbie

Silent Hill is awesome. Loved 1, 2, and 3.

Too bad it's on PSP...I prefer playing on the big screen. It's scarier that way.

I heard rumors they MIGHT bring SHorigins to a console...is that confirmed yet?

5. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^Dude the game is still scary...I'm on my second run and it aint getting any easier. Monsters are faster and weapons break...the atmosphere still gives you that "playing on a big screen" vibe.

You will get lost in this title....its impressive.

Bless