PSP to Mac

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by robanga, Nov 9, 2008.

1. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

I am interesting in syncing my son's new PSP with one of the family Macs. I see sync software from both Nullriver and Mark/Space. Anyone have any other one's?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What do you mean by sync exactly?
    With an unmodded PSP, inserting a USB cable just lets the PSP act as a memory card reader (most card readers already support the PSP's card). You can already copy over MP4 files, photos, music without additional software.

At the moment I'm using mine for video playback since it supports H.264 vids (sorry iPod :p).

3. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I love Mark/Space's software and have used it for many years with Pocket PC's and Macs ... and I have also used PSP's with Macs in the manner described above (direct connect and use in disk mode). But I can't imagine really needing to use special sync software. The PSP's interface isn't really sophisticated enough to handle much depth.

4. robanga thread starter macrumors 68000

robanga

Thanks for the thoughts folks. I ended up getting PSPWare and like it, easy to sync playlists etc with the PSP.

5. Akzel macrumors regular

I was struggling to find a decent app to manage my PSP and then I found this one: http://qpspmanager.sourceforge.net/

QPSP is pretty decent, it helps me to keep a backup of my save files, it also compress and copy movies and also compress ISO/CSO.

It's freeware, yay. :)

I just think it's a bit slow while compressing ISOs, but other than that I have no complaints, it's pretty easy to use too.