PSP2 With Touchscreen?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gan6660, Mar 8, 2009.

1. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

All the rumors are flying for E3 2009 and most say the PSP2 with be released with a touchscreen. Now Apple is going to have to step up their game because I know that I am buying a PSP2 touchscreen or no touchscreen.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple couldn't care less about gaming, and you seem to not care about Apple, either.

They've moved to the casual audience, like Nintendo. Except, of course, Nintendo will be back in force with their next console.

3. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

I know apple couldnt care less about gaming thats why they released the App Store and anyway the PSP is more then just a gaming device and if Sony opens a digital download sit comperable to iTunes apple is going to have a problem. Aldo if i dont care about apple then why do i have 3 ipods and only 1 psp? why do i never bring my psp out of the hose except on long trips but i bring my ipod everywhere? why do i want to throw my sony laptop across the room everyday but love my imac?

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm just saying, you said in your post that you would be buying a PSP regardless of the features it provides, yet you're uncertain about your future with Apple because they might "not" provide the features (that they already have) that the PSP doesn't even have right now.

It's confusing, is all. You shouldn't be 100% loyal to any company.

5. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Apple couldn't care less about gaming? Then why the hell have they spent tens of millions of dollars advertising the iPod Touch as a great gaming device?

6. MacGeekPro macrumors newbie

I don't feel any competition. Apple produces QUALITY devices. Not PSP's. No offense (I did own a PSP) but the PSP is poorly underdeveloped for what it has the potential to do. Apple has tonnes of competition in online media store yet they are always ontop.
    The new DSi will released soon actually and so many people will be going to Nintendo because the PSP2 isn't going to stand to the DSi. Now, Nintendo has had a rep of not having the most customizable consoles yet the Nintendo line of products still impress many across the globe.
    Now if at E3 the PSP2 is released with touchscreen support, the PSP2 will see a massive market in Asian countries because the old PSP DID support the asian characters BUT the was no easy, fast input for them, where as the DS had the touch support for the asian input for characters.

Underlying message, Apple still provides the world with guaranteed quality media and some very good games.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm curious to that as well, because they have an even better gaming platform available to them and they refuse to take advantage of it.

8. gan6660 thread starter macrumors 65816

gan6660

No, I definetly be buying more ipods but i hope apple puts bluetooth, a camera, and some inovative things into the next ipod touches.

9. MacGeekPro macrumors newbie

I so very much agree, both the iPhone and iPod Touch have an advanced sense of gaming. But I wouldn't say it was tens of millions.. Apple has very cheap but so so so effective games.
    When I think of Apple's marketing, I think of Microsoft's haha. Have you seen those man?? Haha wthey have NO Message!

Yoshi

10. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Bluetooth and a camera aren't innovative, and they'd deter people from the iPhone.

11. MacGeekPro macrumors newbie

Well you know Gan, there has been a rumored iPod Touch going around, it's supposed to be 64Gb, Have full bluetooth, 2MP camera and unassisted GPS.
    But the chance of that is very slim. Although Apple could surprise us and develop one!

Yoshi

12. MacGeekPro macrumors newbie

Although man, the iPhone still has the 3G SMS, Calls and Me support.. But yeah, I'd agree that there would be a handfull of people puched away..