PST Mail for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Rahmanm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Rahmanm macrumors newbie

I just downloaded PST Mail from iPad Apps store by Arrowbit

Initially a little problem using ITunes as clearly instructed to transfer PST file from Sony VAIO laptop running windows 7 home premium as I got message requiring PW to make transfer, however, Arrowbit support told me to close Outlook 2010 first, so I did this and for good measure rebooted. All went well with transfer and my PST of over 2 gig is easy to view in the iPad and I am updating to the Cloud which is taking for ever.

Has anybody got experience of using mix Microsoft Windows PC with Outlook with iPad?

I am retired from computer sector in Finance Industry and want easier use with iPad but need lot's of Folders in Outlook to handle taxes, bills, hobbies, travel, Etc, so iPad mail not suitable. I am just starting so easy to switch to any other solution that a forum member suggests.

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

You can import folders to mail

I'm not sure if what I write below applies to Outlook but it does to Entourage. When I could no longer sync my Entourage calendar and address book with Mobile Me, I switched entirely to Apple Apps. So what to do about all the folders that I had in Entourage that had years and years of valuable research etc.? I did a Google search and sure enough some Microsoft Valuable Person (MVP) had written a script which allowed me to export every single one of my folders and then I imported them into mail. I use a Mac computer and with them on my Mac desktop, I could import them into a folder on my Mac or on my me.com account. So I'm sure there is a way of getting all your Outlook folders into the Apple mail app. I have no idea about the iPad app you downloaded.