PSX4All - custom controller skins?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bobbytallant, Aug 6, 2010.

1. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

This app/idea is not everyone's cup of tea but I am really enjoying it on the iP4 and was wondering for those that have purchased/tried the app, have they tried the other controller skins yet?

For me they do not seem to function (i.e., you can select them, they show on screen, but their buttons do not work at all).

I do recall having a similar problem last year on my 3GS with psx4iphone and managed to get over it by SSH'ing into the app's directory and doing something - but cannot remember exactly what I did lol.

As I say, love the app, the game I have tried runs faster than the actual ps1 lol - this small issue is just bugging me :)

2. TehReaper macrumors regular

you actually got the app to work? i installed it, downloaded the bios, and added Resident Evil 3 i see under the rom list but everytime i try to run it it crashes :(. what did you do to get it to work?

3. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

You need to either set the permissions of the BIOS file to 0755 or you have a bad ROM. I would imagine it is probably the former.

Yes I have managed to get it working but have only tried Final Fantasy titles so far - only reason I got the app lol. Highly recommend it.

Anyone got it working and tried the different controller skins?

4. Antilliteracy macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I actually just posted my instructions on how I fixed this problem for myself, it's worth a look. By the way, hopefully I'm not breaking rules by posting this link, if so please take it down and I will just Copy and Paste the post on to here. Hope it helps!

-Hayden

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=216547#post216547

5. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

This fixed everything for me! I have been trying to get my ROMs to work since the apps release. Thank you!

6. macattack87 macrumors member

anyone else here disappointed with emulators on the iphone 4 in general?

i tried to use snes4iphone but in landscape mode the controls are overlayed right on top of the game screen so your thumbs cover up everything and make it unplayable

7. Antilliteracy macrumors newbie

You're quite welcome, glad I could help :D

8. dalfiuss macrumors newbie

I have this same problem. The skins are selectable, but the buttons are actually shifted up (atleast in portrait mode) to where the game screen is. It looks like they just need a shift down to be in the proper location, but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

9. dalfiuss macrumors newbie

Well, I'm not sure why I didn't think of actually looking in the app earlier.

The controller skins consist of simple png images and a small text file with the coordinates of each button. The Y coordinates on all but the first skin are off by 240.

The easiest method to fix this is really to just copy the first controllers text file out and rename it to the others and copy it in. It's real easy to do with iFile, however, the 3rd-5th skins have a different shoulder button layout (L1 - L2 - R1 - R2 as opposed to L1 - L2 - R2 - R1), so the R buttons would be reversed.

You can manually fix the text files by just adding 240 to the second number of each line in each file.