PSX4All iPad2 Visual glitch? Help pls

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Drexl, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Drexl macrumors newbie

So I'm running firmware 4.3.3 on my iPad2 and when I use PSX4all to play Final Fantasy VII it runs fine, but when there is any movement on the screen I get this venetian blind effect, or interlacing effect perhaps. Whatever you wanna call it there is SIGNIFICANT horizontal tearing in the image. It's incredibly distracting and makes in unplayable. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix for it?

TYVM in advance.

2. elpocholo7 macrumors newbie

Yea i have this annoying onscreen glitch as well, its like a tearing effect like you said. I think we should report it to zodttd (how?), its a pity because other than that the emulator seems to run extremely smooth on the iPad 2 :(

3. Chorx macrumors regular

This visual glich is persistent through all of ZodTTDs emulators. Apparently it's a bug that popped up when 4.3 launched, and ZodTTD has been MIA since.

4. Siggen macrumors 6502

Try installing the backwards compatibility package in cydia and report back if it made any difference, better or worse.

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Is gpsPhone by this ZodTTD guy? That sounds like the glitch that completely ruins it for me.

edit: yeah looks like it is. i didnt realize it worked fine on older version, damn I wish he'd show up GBA is my favorite emulation option. These emulators needs warnings before you pay money for them...

6. elpocholo7 macrumors newbie

4.3 as in ioS 4.3 ?

What's that backwards compatibility package in cydia ?

7. Drexl thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded the backwards compatibility patch. there are no instructions on how to use it. If It's automatic then nothing has changed.

8. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Any word on a fix to this? It's bugging the crap out of me also.

9. outz macrumors 6502

agreed. ive purchased several things off cydia which didnt warn of being incompatible on 4.2.x+ but ended up not working for me and others... and of course the developer, nor cydia (jay) reply to emails.

10. Drexl thread starter macrumors newbie

Always pay with paypal. It's because they don't reply to e-mails that you can always get your money back.

11. Jeff5886 macrumors regular

not working well for me either. sucks, i really want to play ffVII

12. outz macrumors 6502

well i was worried. the payment goes to cydia (jay) so if i jerk a payment back from him, whats stopping him from killing my account and keeping me from redownloading all the other things i bought from him?

i don't trust him enough to not do that.. so i just took the $2-$3 loss.

13. Drexl thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you are overreacting a bit. Someone who isn't attentive enough to reply to to paypal when they send him claim e-mails with generous response windows isn't going to bother blocking your access. Besides, he just loses futures chances to make money off of you if he does that.

It's the same thing with that rich bastard who made mine-craft. I've got two accounts for the price of one because I got my money back for the first one because of an issue I had. He of course is too busy getting rich to care about the issue I had so I got my money back and he's too lazy to cancel the first account.

Slightly different circumstances here, but the same in principle.

14. itachi646ex macrumors newbie

I have the same graphical error that op has described has anyone found a fix for the problem? :confused:

15. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

Always had issues installing psx roms for some odd reason so I just gave up.

16. pabrt macrumors newbie

having this same problem when playing FF9

doesn't seem to be related to the settings, either... i am going to try older versions of psx4all to see if it helps.

17. pabrt macrumors newbie

bumping this up to see if anyone has found a solution

18. Happytodd macrumors regular

Bump again!
    Just installed psx4all on my iPad 2 running 4.3.3, wifi + 3g model and I'm getting this tearing effect, on top of that it doesn't actually play in true full screen either. I've been ripping my games using a program called IsoBuster so I'm legal. Hope there will be an update to fix this!