Psych.Siri.Netflix.Email

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by HMI, Nov 8, 2012.

1. HMI macrumors 6502a

HMI

Several months ago I watched a bunch of episodes of Psych on Netflix on Apple TV, but haven't watched that show since. A month or two ago I asked Siri "when will the next season of Psych come out?" (in my mind I was referring to new unaired episodes for TV, not last season episodes just released on Netflix). About a week ago, Apple sent me an email telling me that last season's episodes of Psych are now available on Netflix, which wasn't what I thought I was asking for, and seemed a bit random and creepy. I figured out that new unaired episodes don't start until next February.

Was the email prompted by Siri, Netflix on AppleTV, or both? Why Email?
    I wasn't expecting to receive any email, and don't remember ever asking to, so this made wonder what prompted the email.

Any other similar experiences?

2. readymade524 macrumors newbie

3. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

You know the internet, show the Email with headers or it did not happen :rolleyes: Even then the headers can be forged.

Apple does not use Siri data to send advertising emails.

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

i get those emails from netflix occasionally , either for shows in my queue or ones that have been there,

5. falkedup macrumors regular

i got the same email.. (huge psych fan) It was from netflix

6. HMI thread starter macrumors 6502a

HMI

Oh..you're right! I double-checked.

So why would they send me this email I never asked for, and not any emails for other shows I've watched a lot of?