Ptt

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gpatrick15, Sep 9, 2010.

1. gpatrick15 macrumors regular

Any good iPhone push-to-talk apps out there? I use TiKL on android, and it comes in handy when chatting with my coworkers and the other people I know with android phones. If there are any, which i'm sure there are plenty, are there any that are cross-platform?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Edit the puss before you get loads of joke posts.

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Like, ....... meow???

4. ljx718 macrumors 6502

havent heard of any, but sounds pretty awesome

5. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I use HeyTell. Works great on the iPhone and it's compatible with Android phones too. However, the lack of a push notification system on the Android OS requires the user to allow the app to run on the background. Otherwise they'll have to constantly open the app to see if they've received any messages.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Heytell? Heytell ain't no push to talk man. It's push to wait.:D

7. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Lol! Just my 2 cents lol

8. jenh macrumors newbie

If you run Android 2.2, HeyTell uses Google's c2dm push messaging - it's pretty fast and has very little impact on battery. Android 2.1 and earlier do use a persistent connection - if you see excessive battery usage from it, though, give the folks at HeyTell a yell (android@heytell.com). Background notifications can be enabled and disabled at will from the Profile page.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

umm I wonder if you wrote this on your iPhone.... it seems you use puss more than push in your writings...:D

you could try 'What'sapp' from the App Store, similar to BBM, uses data & push notifications and has texting, limited sound, video and pics that one can send to the other person that has the app and vice-versa... Works w/ iPhone and BB (also Droid & Symbian in the Beta stages)...

Also why is the title PPT? Powerpoint presentation? jk jk (I know you meant puSS-to-talk), but that is what first came to my mind when I saw the thread title...

10. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

Cool, thanks. I have an iPhone 4, but I'll let my friends know to update their phones to 2.2 if they haven't done it already. :)

11. Lenxal macrumors regular

Check out HeyTell
    its push to talk and its better than TiKl
    and even better you can do it between android and iphone.
    Use over edge, 3g, and wifi and its quick.. and you don't register at all.

12. opticalserenity macrumors 6502a

HeyTell isn't really a PTT app. Anyone who has used a two way radio or Nextel knows what a PTT app should do.

HeyTell is fugly, it's very obvious these are Android devs playing in the iOS world....yuk, this is precisely why I am on iOS and not Android.

13. ipv7 macrumors newbie

You may want to check out Voxer Walkie Talkie. It's a real Push-to-Talk (it actually streams the audio live so the recipient(s) can listen to the message while you are recording it). It's WAY better than TiKL.

It's available only for iOS, but an Android version is coming out soon.