Public Atom found in movie when itunes importing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Nov 26, 2007.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

What does it mean when it says that you can't play a movie because a public atom was found in the file. I find that i have a number of movies that are victim to this. and i know it's happening during the drag and drop import into iTunes because i have the original file and it plays fine from the desktop in quiktime.

is anyone else having this issue, and advice?

If find that when i'm tagging or entering meta data for the file it hangs for a long time and i have to cancel it. It registers the new data afterword though. think that has anything to do with ti?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Seems to be effecting windows users. If you are on windows they look at this solution

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

i'm not a windows user, i'm a pissed mac user. This is happening because of the tags. I know because i imported the movies and played them. then i tagged them, and after you hit ok and the progress bar shows up and hangs forever until you cancel it. and when you do the file doesn't work anymore.

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What happen if you edit the tags outside of iTunes and then try and reimport them.

Try Parsley is Atomically Delicous

5. mannox macrumors newbie

Re:

IF you have the files saved on an external drive (or even if they were at ANY point saved on an external drive), go to your manuf's website and download the latest firmware upgrade for that external drive. Worked for me and solved ALL my .dmg issues, ALL my public movie atom issues, and all my "Error 4960" issues.

If the files became "corrupt" at some point (while they were on an external drive) - copying them to another location would only be making copies of broken files. You have to go back to the drive (hopefully they are still there). Keeping the files ON the drive, update the firmware. Everything came back for me, instantly. Whew!

mannox@gmail.com