Public Beta 1 stuck on Waiting...

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by GoldenChild, Jul 24, 2014.

1. GoldenChild macrumors regular

GoldenChild

My download for Public Beta Yosemite 1 is stuck on waiting... does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.

2. DarkCole macrumors regular

DarkCole

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Perhaps rebooting your machine. Then, lots of patience. I’m sure the servers are still slammed. It took me about 10 attempts to get it download - kept stopping and reporting errors. D/L time was only about 18 minutes once it really got going.

4. GoldenChild thread starter macrumors regular

GoldenChild

Didn't help. Restarted 3 times. I guess the servers are slammed.

----------

When you kept trying, did you notice the launchpad icon on your dock said "waiting" with the progress bar over it? Mine has that and then when I go to the purchases tab in the app store, it says "an error has occurred".

5. JCsHands2 macrumors newbie

JCsHands2

Yeah, I am having the same problem. I am going to try to redeem it on a different computer.

6. bebbo macrumors newbie

Try opening launchpad, find the installer which should be showing in there and hold down your mouse / trackpad left button to put them in wiggle mode. Click the x to delete the installer and try the download again. Mine had this issue, completed these steps and it re-downloaded.

As an aside, the original installer continued to show in launchpad but it allowed me to re-download another copy.

Worth a try!