Public Beta 2 not downloading

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by house13um, Jul 21, 2016.

1. house13um macrumors newbie

App store is showing macOS Sierra Public Beta 2 in the app store, but when I attempt to update, it sits at 0 bytes of 667MB and won't download. I can successfully cancel and try again, as well as restart the system and still see the update available afterward (something I couldn't do with El Capitan betas last year), but it simply refuses to download. Anyone know what's up?

2. toad77 macrumors member

I'm experiencing the same issue. I don't have a resolution, but I thought you should know you're not alone.

3. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

First and foremost: have patience. Then bear in mind that progress indicators for downloads are sometimes not entirely reliable.

4. tmaxxtigger macrumors member

Same problem here, watching the network usage it shows nothing is downloading....

5. LogicalVue macrumors member

LogicalVue

I also had the same problem. I let it sit for over 8 hours overnight and it did not even begin to download anything. In the end, I decided to wipe the drive and install the Dev Preview instead. The DP installed and updated without trouble. I also had other issues with the PB crashing in Mail and Messages, so it seems to me the PB is an especially buggy beta.

6. grahamperrin, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2016

grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Boot Sierra in safe mode then retry the App Store method.

Related: Sierra Public Beta Download | Apple Developer Forums

Posts such as http://forums.macrumors.com/posts/23144393 and http://forums.macrumors.com/posts/23144624 suggest that Public Beta 2 is 16A254g. If so: I doubt that Developer Beta 3 16A254g is significantly different.

7. house13um thread starter macrumors newbie

Safe boot method was successful. If this occurs again later, I'll try disabling Avast! and see if it helps; had a similar issue last year when simply accessing the web and forgot all about it until now.