Resolved Public Beta, not updating

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by freeskier93, Oct 1, 2014.

1. freeskier93, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

freeskier93 macrumors 6502

I've realized that I'm not getting public beta updates, it appears I'm still on PB2 (build 14A329r). The app store shows no updates...

I'm thinking it has to do with modifying the product version in the SystemVersion.plist. The modification is the only way to get Matlab to run without getting Java errors.

----------

Never mind I'm an idiot, PB4 is listed under purchases...

2. itsmike2013 macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem you were having with the updates not showing in the App Store. When I download the beta from the purchased list it gives me a message saying it can't open it because the operating system is too new for it. I don't know what to do. Is there any way to fix this or get the updates to show up?

3. tmoerel macrumors 6502

If the updates on the app store do not work you might be infected with the I-Worm trojan. Have a look at this article explaining how to check for it:

http://macdailynews.com/2014/10/03/...ered-how-to-check-your-mac-for-iworm-malware/

4. itsmike2013 macrumors newbie

I did what the article said to check for the iWorm trojan and found nothing. Do you know if there is another possibility for why my MacBook won't update or do you know of another way to check for the trojan?? Thanks

5. Abba1 macrumors regular

I don't know a different way, but Intego (the Anti-Virus Software company) gives the same Method on the Intego Blog. And, they are absolutely reliable. So, it's likely that there's some reason other than the Trojan.

6. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

Purchases page of the App Store for 10.10 public beta 4

Please consider marking this topic as resolved; and/or edit the subject line of the opening post. Thanks.

7. itsmike2013 macrumors newbie

This problem is not resolved for me

8. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Try using the terminal command.

Code:
    softwareupdate -i -a

9. itsmike2013 macrumors newbie

That didn't work either. It searched for a little bit but came back saying no updates are available.

10. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

itsmike2013: if you have not already done so, please re-edit SystemVersion.plist to have the ProductVersion and BuildVersion that the file had before your first edit.

Then in Terminal, this one-line command –

Code:
    softwareupdate -l
    – and paste the output, as code, to this topic.

11. itsmike2013 macrumors newbie

Thanks! This worked! I'm on beta 5 now. Is this the most current version/the one I'm supposed to be on? Just checking to make sure.

Also, it seems like Matlab is still not working on this version. Is there a way to get it working again??

12. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

13. freeskier93 thread starter macrumors 6502

Unfortunately I think you're hosed with anything R2014a and older. R2014b starts official support for Yosemite. Luckily I use a university license for Matlab and can upgrade, R2014b works fine on Yosemite.