Public Beta Testing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AngusW, Mar 2, 2015.

1. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Not sure if I've missed anything. But has anything more been said about a possible Public Beta Testing for iOS like we just saw last year with Yosemite? When ever I Google "Apple Public Beta" I get the results for the Yosemite Beta testing.

2. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

3. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

Ok cool thanks. Wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything yet. I'm excited to give it a try. Plus this way I don't have to pay to get a developer's license to get the new iOS's before they launch.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I've been on the public beta testing program ever since I purchased my 6+.
    I wonder when the next beta, 8.2, will be released? #

5. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

How'd you get to sign up for a program that's not available yet? Did you sign up for one of those licenses from a 3rd party site?

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It was a joke...
    Merely voicing an opinion that the general release version of iOS8 is a beta.#

7. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

LOL gotcha, hard to tell sometimes on discussion boards. I know some have been paying for those licenses and claiming to be in a regular beta.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Don't mind sunking. He just has weird issues with iOS 8 and thinks its a beta. :p

9. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping they make changes to the developer betas as well. It would be nice if I could download the iOS 9 beta right when it comes out directly to my iPhone instead of having to deal with the developer portal and installing through iTunes.

All in all I think this is a great opportunity for Apple to have smoother releases. Hopefully they took note of Google's sloppy public beta program for Lollipop and can make it an easier experience.

10. AngusW thread starter macrumors 6502

AngusW

I'm going to guess that it will still work the same. Although yeah it does sound like it would be easier to download directly but I think iTunes will be the way they go.