Public Beta Testing

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
Not sure if I've missed anything. But has anything more been said about a possible Public Beta Testing for iOS like we just saw last year with Yosemite? When ever I Google "Apple Public Beta" I get the results for the Yosemite Beta testing.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
no, probably next week.
Ok cool thanks. Wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything yet. I'm excited to give it a try. Plus this way I don't have to pay to get a developer's license to get the new iOS's before they launch.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I've been on the public beta testing program ever since I purchased my 6+.
I wonder when the next beta, 8.2, will be released? #

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I've been on the public beta testing program ever since I purchased my 6+.
I wonder when the next beta, 8.2, will be released? #
How'd you get to sign up for a program that's not available yet? Did you sign up for one of those licenses from a 3rd party site?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
How'd you get to sign up for a program that's not available yet? Did you sign up for one of those licenses from a 3rd party site?
It was a joke...
Merely voicing an opinion that the general release version of iOS8 is a beta.#

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
It was a joke...
Merely voicing an opinion that the general release version of iOS8 is a beta.#
LOL gotcha, hard to tell sometimes on discussion boards. I know some have been paying for those licenses and claiming to be in a regular beta.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
LOL gotcha, hard to tell sometimes on discussion boards. I know some have been paying for those licenses and claiming to be in a regular beta.
Don't mind sunking. He just has weird issues with iOS 8 and thinks its a beta. :p

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I'm hoping they make changes to the developer betas as well. It would be nice if I could download the iOS 9 beta right when it comes out directly to my iPhone instead of having to deal with the developer portal and installing through iTunes.

All in all I think this is a great opportunity for Apple to have smoother releases. Hopefully they took note of Google's sloppy public beta program for Lollipop and can make it an easier experience.

AngusW

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2013
I'm hoping they make changes to the developer betas as well. It would be nice if I could download the iOS 9 beta right when it comes out directly to my iPhone instead of having to deal with the developer portal and installing through iTunes.

All in all I think this is a great opportunity for Apple to have smoother releases. Hopefully they took note of Google's sloppy public beta program for Lollipop and can make it an easier experience.
I'm going to guess that it will still work the same. Although yeah it does sound like it would be easier to download directly but I think iTunes will be the way they go.